It is the Mission of the Nevada Council on Problem Gambling to generate awareness, promote education and advocate for quality treatment of problem gambling in the State of Nevada.
We believe that problem gambling is a community health issue that can affect the quality of life of any Nevadan. The Nevada Council on Problem Gambling is committed to working with all stakeholders to provide sustainable programs and services that reduce the impact of problem gambling in Nevada.
- Reduce social stigma of problem gambling through increased public awareness
- Increase awareness of the warning signs of problem gambling and encourage early help-seeking or intervention.
- Provide first-contact crisis intervention and referral through the 24 hour, confidential Problem Gamblers HelpLine 1-800-522-4700.
- Provide information and resources to employers to effectively address problem gambling as a workplace wellness issue.
- Educate human service professionals to improve opportunities for intervention through early screening and referral.
- Promote workforce development initiatives to support Nevada Certified Problem Gambling Counselors and Interns, and other clinical professionals.
- Reduce and/or prevent underage gambling and problem gambling among children and adolescents.