Problem Gambling Awareness Month is a nationwide grass-roots campaign to raise awareness of the warning signs of problem gambling and resources for help. This annual campaign is also a celebration of the thousands of men and women who are successfully recovering from a gambling problem.
Our goal is to get people talking about this important community health issue that may affect up to 6% of Nevada adults–that’s an estimated 142,000 people who may be suffering the negative emotional, financial and personal consequences of a gambling problem. The impact of this disorder affects countless others around the gambler -friends, family, children, and all segments of the community. The good news? Problem gambling is treatable–and Help is Available!!
Here are some simple ways you can join us in this effort:
- Browse our site and the info below to learn about problem gambling and resources for help.
- LIKE us on Facebook (/problemgamble). FOLLOW us on Twitter (@problemgamble). SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube!
- Throughout the month of March, read, share, comment, tweet and tell others about problem gambling and resources for help!
- Click the images below to download and print information you can distribute or post in public areas to support Problem Gambling Awareness Month in your school, workplace, agency or organization.
- Call us at 702-369-9740 if you would like to schedule a presentation (live or Zoom) for your group about problem gambling and resources for help!