WHEN THE FUN STOPS® – Understanding Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is a workplace wellness issue that should not be ignored. This one-hour training program provides the information your employees need to know about the nature and symptoms of problem gambling and the resources available for help. A unique feature of this training module is a 23-minute video which explores the phenomenon of problem gambling through the expertise of a Nevada treatment professional and the experiences of four Nevada residents who are successfully dealing with their own gambling problem.
Key topics include:
- The Gambling Experience – why people gamble and the fun it provides
- When the Fun Stops – a detailed explanation of problem gambling and recovery
- Impact of Problem Gambling – effects on the individual, the family and the workplace
- Solutions to Problem Gambling – taking personal responsibility and accessing community resources
Since 1999, WHEN THE FUN STOPS® has been used to effectively train tens of thousands of employees throughout the State of Nevada. This program can be relied upon by gaming licensees to satisfy the requirement for employee training under NV Gaming Regulation 5.170 – Programs to Address Problem Gambling.
Available Training Options:
Open Enrollment Classes (Recommended for individuals and businesses with less than 30 employees.)
- Individuals may attend a class held monthly at the Council’s Las Vegas training facility. Requires preregistration and payment of $40 fee per person.
- REGISTER NOW: 2017 Southern NV Registration Form
Company Group Training – (Recommended for businesses with 30-75 employees.)
- One-time training sessions for up to 30 employees each are conducted at the Nevada Council training facility or at your company’s location.
- Submit request: 2017 Group Training Request Form
- Council will provide training agreement for total number of employees and sessions to be scheduled, with minimum payment guarantee required prior to first class. ($35 – $40 per person, plus administrative fee, depending on training location.)
Annual License Agreement – (Recommended for businesses with over 75 employees)
- Licensed company is permitted unlimited use of WHEN THE FUN STOPS® curriculum for training their employees.
- Council conducts a 4 hour Train-the-Trainer class to certify the company’s trainers. First 2 trainers included in initial contract.
- Additional trainers may be certified for a fee at any time during the contract term. 2017 Trainer Certification Class Schedule & Registration Form
- Each certified trainer receives one complete trainer’s binder with facilitator guide, supplemental resources, PowerPoint presentation, DVD, participant quizzes and handouts. (Some materials also provided in Spanish)
- Participant completion cards to document employee attendance are also available for an additional fee. (Optional)