WHEN THE FUN STOPS® – Understanding Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is a workplace wellness issue that should not be ignored. Since 1999, WHEN THE FUN STOPS® has been used to effectively train tens of thousands of employees throughout the State of Nevada. This program can be relied upon by gaming licensees to satisfy the requirement for employee training under NV Gaming Regulation 5.170 – Programs to Address Problem Gambling.
WHEN THE FUN STOPS® is a one-hour training program that explains the nature and symptoms of problem gambling and the resources available for help. A unique feature of this training module is a 23-minute video which explores the phenomenon of problem gambling through the expertise of a Nevada treatment professional and the experiences of four Nevada residents who are successfully dealing with their own gambling problem.
Key topics include:
- The Gambling Experience – why people gamble and the fun it provides
- When the Fun Stops – a detailed explanation of problem gambling and recovery
- Impact of Problem Gambling – effects on the individual, the family and the workplace
- Solutions to Problem Gambling – taking personal responsibility and accessing community resources
AVAILABLE TRAINING OPTIONS:
Open Enrollment Classes (For individual gaming employees)
- Company may register gaming employees as needed to attend class held monthly at the Council’s Las Vegas training facility. Requires preregistration and payment of $40 fee per person. Employee receives participant card verifying attendance.
- REGISTER NOW: Southern Nevada Open Enrollment Registration Form
Contracted Group Training – (Recommended for businesses with 30-75 employees.)
- Company may contract for one or more group training sessions conducted by the Council at our training facility or at your company’s location. Some restrictions apply – see Group Training Request Form for details.
- Council will provide training agreement for total number of employees and sessions to be scheduled, with minimum payment guarantee required prior to first class. ($35 – $40 per person, plus administrative fee, depending on training location.)
Annual License Agreement – (Recommended for businesses with over 75 employees)
- Company is permitted unlimited use of WHEN THE FUN STOPS® curriculum for training their employees for a full year.
- Council conducts a 4 hour Train-the-Trainer class to certify the company’s trainers. Each certified trainer receives one complete curriculum binder with facilitator guide, supplemental resources, PowerPoint presentation, DVD, participant quizzes and handouts. (Some materials also provided in Spanish)
- Contact the Council at 702-369-9740 to request a quote for your company’s training agreement.
Already have a license, but need additional trainers certified? 2020 Trainer Certification Registration Form